Thrive 2 Term 2 (2021)
Time & Location
About the Event
Thrive mother baby group (0-4 months)
This popular mothers' groups is now in its 12th consecutive round.
- A nourishing group co-created for you
- Facilitated circle designed to evoke reflection, themed discussion and practical mindful tools to integrate into your life as a new mum.
- Runs for 9 weeks and includes weekly emails, including course content and guided meditation audio.
CONNECT with others and co-create this intimate container with us. Give yourself the support you deserve as a new mum as we integrate together and make meaning of the new changes happening around the world today.
- Parenting in today's world / intention
- A new identity / impermanence
- Cultivating and expressing love / self compassion
- Challenging relationships / integrity
- Creative parenting / mindfulness
- Contentment / letting go
- Pleasure and sensuality / joy of being
- Family rituals and community building / interconnectedness
- Birth stories / non judgement
YOUR FACILITATOR: Jotara Watson
Jo is an experienced midwife, counsellor, sexuality educator/bodyworker, birth preparation educator and facilitator of Thrive mother baby groups. She is a long time mindfulness practitioner, with teachers such as James Baraz, Nancy Bardacke (Mindful Birthing), Jon Kabat Zinn, Melbourne Insight meditation teachers.
“I really appreciated the opportunity to talk about being a mother and being encouraged to take care of myself and my relationships. It was lovely to have a space for me that wasn't all about my baby, and it was so incredibly valuable for it to be therapeutically facilitated.”
“It was so helpful to come to THRIVE each week to debrief on the new challenges of parenting and to learn new ways of meeting those challenges with joy and acceptance. It gave me a lot more confidence in the parenting decisions that I was making, I loved all of the topics and frequently use the practices in my everyday life, in particular practicing self-care, mindful parenting and nurturing relationships.”
“I feel like you are doing very important work in helping on our journey as new parents and as women. Thank you for the genuine love and care you brought to each session, I feel so lucky to have participated in the group.”
“Sue and Jo were fantastic facilitators. They created a safe space for us to open up and share. They were always kind and understanding. Their genuine passion and care for women (and their babies) shone through and helped us to feel nurtured. They also encouraged us to nurture ourselves and this helped us all to in turn, continue to nurture our babies better.”
- Thrive Term 2 Course$360$3600$0